Free FEMA publications available to Hurricane Michael victims
According to WJHG-TV NewsChannel 7, Hurricane Michael survivors can get free publications from FEMA to help their rebuilding process.
One way FEMA says you can get information on you rebuilding process is online. For do-it-yourselfers and contractors, for information on how to rebuild in a way to reduce risks to your property in the future, visit www.fema.gov/safer-stronger-protected-homes-communities or www.fema.gov/building-science-publications-flood-wind.
If you want booklets with the same information, FEMA says you should visit one of the home improvement centers partnering with FEMA during an event. They say there is no registration required and no limit on the number of publications you can get.
Some of the publications you can get include:
• Against The Wind: Protecting You Home From Hurricane Wind Damage
• Homeowners Guide to Retrofitting, Six Ways to Protect Your Home from Flooding
• Protecting Your Home and Property from Flood Damage
• Selecting and Working with Contractors
• Load Paths
• Minimizing Damage to Flooded Manufactured Homes
• Use of Connectors and Brackets
• Cleaning Up and Drying Out Your Home
• Reinforce or Replace Garage Doors
Photo credits: FEMA / Andrea Booher