Hurricane aftermath: ‘Catastrophic’ damage; economic losses
The Florida Trend reports that “the scope of the devastation brought by Hurricane Michael came into sobering focus on Thursday as rescue workers searched a ruined landscape of splintered homes, toppled trees and upended vehicles that stretched across much of the Florida Panhandle.”
Here’s Hurricane Michael, by-the-numbers:
• 6 confirmed dead (ABC News reports 8 dead)
• 140,000 Floridians without power
• 1.6 million (estimated) homes and businesses without power across Southeast U.S.
• 30,000 workers mobilized from across the country to help restore power.
• 3,500 Florida National Guard troops activated
• $4.5 billion estimated damages (insured losses nationwide)
More numbers at ABC News.
If your home or business sustained damage from Hurricane Michael, we at the Insurance Litigation Group are here to help. Our team of experienced adjusters has extensive knowledge in the field of insurance law. We know the tactics insurance companies may use to delay or underpay your claim.
We will stand by you and ensure that you receive the full and fair benefits you were originally promised by your insurance company.
Our team can handle roof damage, roof leak, pipe burst, plumbing backup, water damage, wind damage, mold, smoke-fire damage, lightning, hail, flood, theft, vandalism, or construction defects. We will help you determine what you are owed under your policy and will advocate on your behalf.
Don’t hesitate and contact us today for a free consultation in Florida.
Photo credits: Eric Thayer for The New York Times